Tuesday, 8 December 2015

Final Book design Prototypes

Here are my final ideas for the inside of the children's book. It is loosely based around 'Finding Nemo' hence the character being found is called 'Beemo' and will have similar characteristics to 'Nemo' with one wing smaller than the other. Whilst looking for the bee, reader will learn the most popular habitats for bees and why. Here are images of the prototype in it's first phase:


*Click to enlarge*



I decided to go for a combination of hand drawn work and digitalised work because I like the personality and uniqueness it gives with imperfections and it also relates more to how children draw. I tried to use vibrant colours but not too vibrant as to be sickly to the eye (since this is the feedback I got from previous work of the book cover). I do however think I could have added a bit more variation in colours. I might redraw the shed as it is a bit messy. The type is a little hard to read with no backdrop and it might be too fancy for the child to read too. In later designs I will include an ending with the lost bee, 'Beemo'.

No comments:

Post a Comment