Hexagons are more difficult to account for in scale and position than a usual rectangular or square board game tile. So I had to make sure it would all fit whilst at the same time allowing for three players at a time. The idea of this board game is each player has to get from the bottom to the top of the board first. I am also thinking about making some of the tiles question tiles about bees and what the reader will have learned in the book. The right answer allows the player to moved another space. Moving to the next space will be achieved by rolling a die which is colour coded to each player. A matching colour equals a step forward.
This is where the 3D aspect comes into play because the die is made from a simple net that is cut out of the book. This is easy to construct with instruction I will include in the book. It requires a small amount of materials too that are usually readily available. Here is a photo of a mock up die I made to test out if the weight of paper was enough to have a fair die:


No comments:
Post a Comment