1. What kind of learner (or mix of) do you think you are?
I think I am a combinations of visual and kinesthetic because auditory learning is hard to remember.
2. Why do you think this, please explain by giving one or more examples.
When it is visual you have something to refer back to if you forget and it is more permanent than auditory. Kinesthetic gives you an experience of the subject and therefore you can rmember the experience in a practical sense.
3. When you were a child in school did you use specific techniques to try to learn better?
What were these, please give an example.
Repeatedly doing the subject until it stays in the memory and referring back to the visual material.
4. What situations do you find it difficult to learn in and what would help you (personally) to improve upon this?
Listening to someone describe something with only words because it is hard to remember without taking notes and it is hard to keep up. I think giving out sheets or include other visual elements or exercises.
5. When you do research for a module, do you have any ‘tricks’ that help you (personally) better take in the things you find and to relate them to projects ongoing? Please give one example of more if ‘yes’.
I think when trying to understand a subject in a module, highlighting text that is important and learning what it means is effective. Having accompanying notes and imagery for the subjects helps too.
6. Has hearing this today given you a ‘lightbulb moment’? If ‘yes’ then why?
It has sort of made me think more about how I could improve my learning experience by using the learning methods that work best with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment