Saturday, 28 November 2015

Draft Final Cover


After doing some rough sketches of the front book cover for the final design, I settled on this as a potential final draft so I have been working on it although it isn't set in stone and is only a first attempt of a digital version. I decided to use very vivid colours to depict a summer scene when bees are most active and I think children prefer the more vivid colours as opposed to dull colours. 

The bee I chose to design I simplistic and cartoon-like again for children's appeal. The type used is very synonymous with a bee theme with the stripes and honey-like shape of them. With the 'Bees' part of the title being emphasized in scale to be a more focal point of the cover. I used some light gradients in the image to give a bit more detail but not too much gradient to avoid over-saturating it all. 

For the background I went for a gradient sky-blue colour to show the bee flying. I couldn't really decide whether to include grass or other colours because the flowers look a bit like they are in the sky however, I didn't want to over crowd the image and I think it gives the image more of a montage feel. The less colours used in the image also make it easier on the eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment