Monday, 19 October 2015

Task 03- I Can Cook!

So the task I got this week was to produce a double page spread of a recipe from the CBeebies show I Can Cook. I chose to make one for Veggie Burgers:



I chose just a couple of simple colours that stood out and made it look friendly and easier to follow. The type that I chose had to have childish qualities to it but also maintain the ability to be easily followed whilst cooking. I accompanied each stager of the cooking process with an image to aid the children in the reading so thy knew what things looked like. 
I went with a chopping board theme for the text backdrops so they didn't clash with the background of the pages. The images were circular to give some variety to the page layout but I also wanted there to be a theme running throughout so I used interchanged colours to form a pattern on the text backdrops. I was struggling to think of what kind of content to add to the page as the background because I didn't want the background to detract from the text too much. I went for a gradient in the end but it may look a bit plain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment